Flu Vaccination Service - Peel Street Pharmacy, Accrington
In order to help prevent the rising numbers of people developing the flu and its effects, vaccination against the flu is provided every year by the NHS to adults and children who are most at risk.
If a healthy individual catches the flu, then there should be little concern for developing complications as it likely to clear up within a week or two.
The flu is more prominent and dangerous for those who fall into the following groups below:
- Anyone aged 65 and over will have a weaker immune system that usually copes with the flu head on.
- Health care or care home workers who will be around many people carrying the flu.
- Pregnant women and their children who are at risk of serious complications.
- Children and adults with certain medical conditions like asthma, heart conditions, neurological conditions. Or have and recent medical treatment for a serious illness.
- Children and adults with weakened immune systems that cannot fight off the flu as easily.
Why the flu vaccination is important
The flu isn’t usually a serious concern, but with a large number of groups at risk who could possibly develop severe complications linked with the flu such as pneumonia, we advise those at risk to take the flu vaccine every year to protect them.
Inoculation against the flu is offered for free on the NHS yearly to:
- Adults over the age of 18 at risk of flu (including everyone aged 65 and over)
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 6 months to 2 years at risk of flu
Where can I get the flu jab?
Every year, millions visit GP surgeries with minor health problems that a local pharmacy could help with. By visiting your pharmacy instead of your GP, you could save yourself time and trouble.
Our pharmacy offers both NHS funded and private flu jabs. We can help you with quick and simple treatment. We can give advice and recommend over-the-counter medicines that could help clear it up in the future. Contact us today for more information or visit our pharmacy.
|Monday – Friday
|9.00 – 19.00
|9.00 – 17.30
- Address 13 -17 Peel Street, Accrington, BB5 1EA
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 01254 237773